Today I am über – excited to be a part of “Talking As Fast As I Can” by Lauren Graham blog tour. This book is Lauren’s first non – fiction book, however in 2013 I read and absolutely loved her novel “Someday, Someday, Maybe”. Lauren Graham may be better knows as Lorelei Gilmore and yes, let us talk a bit about “The Gilmore Girls”!
So guys, the fact is that I don’t watch TV. I just don’t have time for this and I’m too quickly bored and am not interested in spending my time sitting and doing nothing. But of course let’s not exaggerate – there are films that I LOVE or series that I DO watch. Like “Full House”, “ER”… oh gosh, can you remember then? I can, even though it was thousand years ago! or when I was very, very young series like “Melrose Place”… But of course you usually outgrow them and they’re not interesting anymore. However, there is series that I could watch and watch, over and over again, it’s timeless and it’s – yes, you got it! – “Gilmore Girls”! I simply love this series!
It is impossible to share my favourite Lorelei’s moment with you because there are just too many, so I’m going to tell you why I love the series so much:
– because of the actors.
– because of the dialogues
– because of it being full of touching moments
– because it being so close to life
– because of the characters making mistakes and eating four Thanksgiving dinners
– because of the first dates
– because of the rendition of “Wind Beneath my Wings”
– because of Rory, after years of hard work at Chilton, not only getting into her dream school, Harvard but also Yale and Princeton. Hard work pays off!
– because of Rory’s graduation speech: “My mother never gave me any idea that I couldn’t do whatever I wanted to do or be whomever I wanted to be. She filled our house with love and fun and books and music, unflagging in her efforts to give me role models from Jane Austen to Eudora Welty to Patti Smith. As she guided me through these incredible eighteen years, I don’t know if she ever realized that the person I most wanted to be was her. Thank you, Mom: you are my guidepost for everything.”
– actually every scene with Luke. Lorelei/Luke relationship was just so genuine and honest, don’t you think? He was always there for Lorelei, no matter what!
So really, if you’re anything like me, then you just love “Gilmore Girls” and their come – back was a real highlight for me this year.
Blurb: In her first work of nonfiction, the beloved star of Gilmore Girls and Parenthood recounts her experiences on Gilmore Girls—the first and second time—and shares stories about life, love, and working in Hollywood. This collection of essays is written in the intimate, hilarious, and down-to earth voice that made her novel, Someday Someday Maybe, a New York Times bestseller.